[quake3] sv_fps confusion...

Henry Garcia defsyn at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 13:50:36 EDT 2008

>  ...people keep telling me to set sv_fps to 20, 25, 30, 40 or even 125 for
> > Defrag...
> >
> com_maxfps 125

That maxes out the frames per second at 125. I've heard some Quake3 users
say that that is the optimal rate to set your frame rate. Going Higher or
lower takes more CPU cycles. You can set that in the console. Has something
to do with the math calculations. But that's probably what you've heard.

> See? Nobody really knows... So I'm asking someone who does...

Really. You could know. Just run a disconnect, testdemo, and chart your
results to see if the above suggestion isn't true. And then you would know.
What benefit that is to the advancement of civilization, I don't know? But
there you have it.