CSIDL_APPDATA/CSIDL_PERSONAL again (was Re: Videos not found :[)

Tim Angus tim at ngus.net
Mon Sep 17 10:53:30 EDT 2007

Tim Angus wrote:
> Basically it comes down to CSIDL_APPDATA or CSIDL_PERSONAL. One
> consideration is CSIDL_PERSONAL is less well supported by older versions
> of Windows. If it becoming the defacto standard we should maybe be using
> it... I'm not really sure either way.

After consulting with colleagues, it seems ETQW actually uses both;
APPDATA for settings/data and PERSONAL for screenshots/demos.

Quake 3 makes no distinction between the two purposes (and I think
making it make a distinction would be a mistake), so I would say the
most important purpose should take precedence. This is settings/data, so
I think we should stick with APPDATA.