Videos not found :[

Tim Angus tim at ngus.net
Mon Sep 17 10:34:20 EDT 2007

Jorge Peña wrote:
>  > I'm pretty sure %APPDATA% is intended for applications to store data
>  > that this *not* intended to be touch or used by the end user. This would
>  > be part of the reason behind the %APPDATA% folder being marked hidden.
>
> I agree, that seems logical.

Thing is, the per-game-user-directory /is/ primarily meant for settings
and extra data (i.e. q3config.cfg and 3rd party pk3s). It's /also/ used
for screenshots, demos and videos which might live more appropriately
under "My Documents".

Basically it comes down to CSIDL_APPDATA or CSIDL_PERSONAL. One
consideration is CSIDL_PERSONAL is less well supported by older versions
of Windows. If it becoming the defacto standard we should maybe be using
it... I'm not really sure either way.