Freetype

Jorge Peña jorgepblank at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 23:52:24 EDT 2007

Hey guys, I just spent a while compiling, setting up Freetype inside my
source tree, and modifying my visual studio solution settings and the
Makefile, now I supposedly have Freetype support, all I did was enable
BUILD_FREETYPE. Now, my question is, does this mean I can simply insert
ttf's into the game? I think it was inside fonts/, at least that's what Tr3b
says for his XreaL engine (
http://www.quakesrc.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6040&highlight=freetype ). I
know I know, they're different engines, but I opened them both up and to my
surprise they seemed to have the same things, at least, from what I could
tell.

Thanks guys, I'd appreciate any help.

I'd test it myself but I don't know how to. I think I basically put them in
there and then do something with the .menu files? What if I want to use it
throughout the game, such as inside the console and what not? It's okay, I
don't need ultra specific instructions if you guys don't have time, I'd
appreciate at least a general answer though, if not, it's alright.

Thanks again!