[quake3] Freetype

Thilo Schulz arny at ats.s.bawue.de
Wed Mar 14 09:26:45 EDT 2007

On Wednesday 14 March 2007 04:52, Jorge Peña wrote:
> I'd test it myself but I don't know how to. I think I basically put them in
> there and then do something with the .menu files? What if I want to use it
> throughout the game, such as inside the console and what not? It's okay, I
> don't need ultra specific instructions if you guys don't have time, I'd
> appreciate at least a general answer though, if not, it's alright.

I am not really well versed in the usage of these fonts, so all I can give you
is a few hints. The first thing is that it does not simply suffice to enable
the define BUILD_FREETYPE, so you'll need the library on your system and
available to your build environment... but you probably know that already.
The freetype stuff pretty much seems to be done in renderer/tr_fonts.c, so you
should concentrate on that file if you want to know how freetype integration
works. Use a debugger to step through the functions and see what everything
does and you'll quickly grasp what the code already there is doing :)

--
Thilo Schulz