[quake3] No 'console'

JoeHill joehill at sympatico.ca
Wed Aug 16 14:07:12 EDT 2006

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 09:49:16 -0500
Joshua Hoppes got an infinite number of monkeys to type out:

> You won't see a prompt, but it is there. After it scrolls by with all the
> server start up feedback, you should be sitting there with just a cursor.
> Type something in and hit enter (like say hello) and in game it will be
> something along the lines of "server: hello".

Aaaaah, ok, I get it. I was expecting to see that console window, but of
course that only happens on Win...

Now all I have to do is learn all the server commands!

> One suggestion I can make is instead of backgrounding the server, you can
> start it in a screen session.

Ya, Zachary tweaked me to that on IRC last night. That is waaaaay cool. I used
to think SSH was so cool. Then I found out about scp and rsync, and I thought,
hey, that's even *cooler*. Now screen...the power...it's too much for one man ;)

Thanks to all for your help!

--
JoeHill / RLU #282046