[quake3] No 'console'

Joshua Hoppes xipher at xipher.us
Wed Aug 16 10:49:16 EDT 2006

You won't see a prompt, but it is there. After it scrolls by with all the
server start up feedback, you should be sitting there with just a cursor.
Type something in and hit enter (like say hello) and in game it will be
something along the lines of "server: hello".

One suggestion I can make is instead of backgrounding the server, you can
start it in a screen session.