[quake3] Re: How does Quake 3 handle collisions when the actor collision area changes?

Asfand Yar Qazi ayqazi at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 05:18:46 EDT 2006

On 8/14/06, Tim Angus <tim at ngus.net> wrote:
> Asfand Yar Qazi wrote:
> > So you're saying the AABB never changes size e.g. when the current
> > frame of the animation changes?
>
> Correct.
>
> http://www.devmaster.net/wiki/AABB

But hang on.... so each frame doesn't have its own AABB generated for
it, there's a single AABB for the whole animation that all frames of
the animation are guaranteed to fit inside?  OK, I get it.  I thought
there was a new different AABB generated for each frame that could
therefore potentially be different from others.  Gotcha.

OK thanks for that.

If you don't want me pestering you with questions, please tell me -
I'll post to some forum or something instead.  Many thanks.