Standalone RQ3 using Icculus Q3

Richard Allen ra at ra.is
Fri Apr 14 00:56:16 EDT 2006

It's been a dream for us in the RQ3 team to finally create a standalone
opensource version of our mod.

Today I started working on it (I've got 11 days off this easter) :)

I only needed to do very minimal changes to the engine to get it to use
Reaction as it's default mod.  Apart from some UI problems that are most
likely our own fault we are now dealing with the fallout of not using ID's
pk3's...

Turns out our code, maps and models make remarkably much usage of ID's
shaders, wav files and so forth.

I'm working on Linux and I have not even tried to compile the Win32 or OS X
versions yet, but I have noticed some problems with Audio.
Sometimes it goes a bit haywire and sounds very strange.
I'm using a FC4 system and KDE in a pretty basic setup.  Are there any known
problems with audio in todays svn code ?  Or is this something we're doing
wrong ?

Thanks in advance...  Richard 'JBravo' Allen :)

--
Rikki.         --  RHCE, RHCX, HP-UX CSA and CSE.
                --  Solaris 7 Certified Systems and Network Administrator.