Standalone RQ3 using Icculus Q3

Erik Auerswald auerswal at unix-ag.uni-kl.de
Mon Apr 17 00:47:19 EDT 2006

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 14, 2006 at 04:56:16AM +0000, Richard Allen wrote:
> Turns out our code, maps and models make remarkably much usage of ID's
> shaders, wav files and so forth.

You might want to check out the "Free Texture / Open Media Archive" at
https://cat2.dynu.ca/ftoma/index.html

> I'm working on Linux and I have not even tried to compile the Win32 or OS X
> versions yet, but I have noticed some problems with Audio.
> Sometimes it goes a bit haywire and sounds very strange.
> I'm using a FC4 system and KDE in a pretty basic setup.  Are there any
> known problems with audio in todays svn code ?  Or is this something we're
> doing wrong ?

You could try disabling the KDE sound daemon (artsd). Another thing to
try is to set the environment variable SDL_AUDIODRIVER to oss or alsa
(sometimes the oss emulation of alsa works better than the direcly using
alsa). See the audio part of the Linux Gamers' FAQ at
http://icculus.org/lgfaq/#audio

Erik