MD4 Model Support

Tim Angus tim at ngus.net
Fri Sep 23 13:13:42 EDT 2005

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 17:34:54 +0200 Thilo wrote:
> Done as you wish. Attached is the patch, it should apply cleanly
> against the  most current revision.
> The header qcommon/qfiles.h contains the new md4 (mdr) structures that
> support  the mdr file format. It is also there, where I have placed
> "#define  RAVENMD4", so by undefining this all mdr support will be
> turned off.

I applied the patch, albeit with RAVENMD4 undefined by default. I'm not
sure I see the value of having MDR support without an interface into
cgame. Trouble is, creating such an interface breaks compatibility with
baseq3, and I believe that is something that is to be avoided at the
moment. Such an interface could be similarly #ifdefed to this patch
though; I don't think anybody would object to that.