[quake3] MD4 Model Support

Thilo Schulz arny at ats.s.bawue.de
Fri Sep 23 08:22:23 EDT 2005

On Friday 23 September 2005 03:00, Scott Brooks wrote:
> Do you, or does anyone else have any docs on this file format?  I've
> tried to hunt around google/raven's site and I can't really find
> anything usefull.

Yes, there are some tools that can be used to handle these files:
http://www.3ddownloads.com/eliteforce/official
md3view to look at the models

Here is a milkshape plugin to export mdr files:
http://eliteforce2.filefront.com/file/Milkshape_MDR_Exporter;21437

More releases, including carcass that outputs to mdr format from several
source files (XSI animation files and the models):
http://eliteforce2.filefront.com/files/Elite_Force/Official_Releases/Others;385

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~thesynapse/skinning.php
Here's a skinning tutorial for .mdr files

http://forums.ravensoft.com/ib/ikonboard.pl?act=ST;f=4;t=2081
Soldier of Fortune seems to have some goul stuff in there, but the animations
should be pretty much the same.

--
Thilo Schulz