Questions about compile options (ioq3 on Solaris).

Tim Angus tim at ngus.net
Fri Oct 28 16:28:42 EDT 2005

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 19:47:11 +0200 Ludwig wrote:
> > HAVE_VM_NATIVE specifies that the platform is capable of using
> > native libs.
>
> This one can be removed. It was needed on 64bit architectures before
> I changed the vm interface from int to long.

OK, I guess I'll do so then.

> Switch to Automake+Autoconf. That would also give us the tools to
> handle the tests for the stuff missing on Solaris. I even volunteer
> to create and maintain the necessary files. There is no gettext nor
> any gnome/kde/<your favorite bleeding edge tech with special m4
> macros here> involved so I'm confident that it's not going to be a
> mess. We probably can't avoid libtool though.

Using a different build system on *nix doesn't really fix the problem. I
don't think zakk would agree to this anyway. Thinking about it again,
perhaps the best solution is to negate the value, so the define remains
in the Makefile, but is DOESNT_HAVE_VM_COMPILE (or whatever) instead.
That way the OS X and VC builds get their JIT compiler back for free,
but we still maintain control over whether or not it is enabled from the
Makefile.

I'll have a fiddle later on tonight I guess.