bot and client questions

Jack Coates jack at
Sun Sep 26 01:29:50 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I'm using the id binaries (quake2-3.20-glibc-6 installed via rpm) to run a
server on a Mandrake Linux box. Fun for friends, but I'd like to add a bot

a) Is there a bot compiled or released as source for Linux? I've done
enough research to find a handful of bots, but the ones I've downloaded
are all released as precompiled windows apps.

b) If I switch to source on my server, will I see any
benefit/difference/continued operation on windows clients? Some of the
enhancements sound great (higher resolution especially).

Jack At Monkeynoodle.Org:  It's A Scientific Venture...
"Believe what you're told; there'd be chaos if everyone thought for
themselves." -- Top Dog hotdog stand, Berkeley, CA