[quake2] Porting latest Quake2Max to Linux

Karen Pouelle hockeyvixen at yahoo.ca
Mon Jul 14 18:58:06 EDT 2003

"* The Q2Max code is definitely not so firmly ingrained in the Q2LNX
source base that we can't use other improvements"

That's great, I'm just saying that the Q2Max code REQUIRES improvements.

"* If you send me patches, I will integrate them into the source base"

I'm not programer - I'd thought the tutorial I sent would be enough for you
to make the few lines of code changes required.  I'll go learn how to make a
"patch" file and email THAT as well.  If the code doesn't work, then perhaps
a real programer will come along and fix it.

"* Simply contributing bugs that people feel need fixing is a good way
to jumpstart development too."

Here's a bug (I believe it might be in the game code) - when the dm flag
"team by skin or team by model is set and (damage by) friendly fire is turned
off, bodies caught in lifts are indistructable and the lift is stuck. An
explosion occurs ten times a second where the lift and body are, causing lag
and a stuck lift.

Going off to read about "patch files" now...

Karen

=====
http://pretzel.iceware.net/