[quake2] Porting latest Quake2Max to Linux

Brendan Burns brendanburns at attbi.com
Mon Jul 14 17:15:53 EDT 2003

Three bullet items:
	* The Q2Max code is definitely not so firmly ingrained in the Q2LNX
source base that we can't use other improvements, one of the main goals
in bringing it into the source base was to insure that the
"traditional" source base wasn't affected.  Additionally we are not
wedded to the Q2Max improvements.  If people want to integrate new and
different improvements in to the source base, they should feel free.
That said the differences should
be able to be turned on/off at build time so that if someone wants to
build the Q2 circa 1998
application they always can.

	* If you send me patches, I will integrate them into the source base,
if someone sends in a lot of *good* patches then they will get CVS
access  (this is simply to insure that the code in CVS stays buildable,
etc.)

	* Simply contributing bugs that people feel need fixing is a good way
to jumpstart development too.

Thanks,
--brendan