[q2x] tolua5

Dan Olson theoddone33 at icculus.org
Sun Dec 28 18:59:51 EST 2003

On Sun, Dec 28, 2003 at 08:36:57PM +0000, nicktrout at shaw.ca wrote:
> I'm not using tolua at the moment. Brian stated in an earlier email that he'd rather we used the Lua C API explictly. I don't really have a problem with this since the Lua C API is very easy to use and most of the tricky work can be done in Lua and a simple function call made, rather than do the work in C. -- I would like the details of where to find the tolua patch though since I have another project which needs tolua5. Thanks.

I ended up downloading luacheia5, which had the luaSDL stuff built-in.
That's all I really wanted to use tolua5 for.

> I'll be back in Canada on 11th Jan and will try and carry with work, albeit in "hobby" time. I'm hoping the conversion scripts will greatly speed up the full conversion to Lua. I think the plan will then be to check in my changes and test the game for cracks before proceeding. We may have to do some multiplayer tests. I may be able to test this at home if I can get q2x compiling on my linux box. I don't really want to spend a lot of time on that though.

Someone broke Linux compilation pretty fricking thoroughly.  Current CVS
is a mess and I frankly don't know how it even compiles on Windows.
I'll see what I can do about it.

--
Dan Olson