[q2x] tolua5

Brian Hook hook_l at pyrogon.com
Sun Dec 28 15:59:40 EST 2003

> Someone could be looking at a Quake2 editor in which we could embed
> Lua ediiting and debugging?

My take is that once we get this Lua-ized, and then I finish
additional cleanup, we do a 1.0 release which should be as functional
as good ol' Q2, but just a bit cleaner.  That would be quite an
accomplishment.

>From there, we refactor some more and client-side game working as well
(the stubbed cl_game stuff), which means an overhaul of the UI system.
 Basically once we're happy with the code, then we can stress over the
tools.

That said, Q2 really doesn't use any scripting in the tools, and all
the AI is hardcoded, so I think stock tools should be fine.  We could
migrate the .map file format over to Lua, but I think that would just
be wanking since it won't really buy us anything (whereas game logic
written in Lua buys a lot).

Brian