[pyddr-discuss] pyddr 0.9.0 not working in OS 10.3.2

theGREENzebra tgz at orotech.net
Thu Feb 12 17:04:15 EST 2004

Hi Jensen,

> Isn't this all stuff that the py_kitchensink installs for me already?

Yes, but "this all stuff" is more up to date than the kitchen sink when you
use package manager.

> And is that a current installation?  Just wondering, cuz I'm a little
> worried that by doing all of this mucking about I'll do something to my
> computer...(I've never used Python before so maybe assuage that fear).

The idea of package manager is _supposed_ to be that you can always point it
somewhere and get an up to date version of a program or some libraries. In
practice, it doesn't always work, but I can say that the downloadable
kitchen sink is not as up to date as the package manager stuff.

> Also, I see that the new 0.9.1 release is out of pydance but not for
> mac....could that possible solve my problems once the mac version is out?

No, it probably won't solve your problems, because the way pydance is run
hasn't changed that much from 0.9.0 to 0.9.1. If we can get a traceback
(you'll have to run pydance via terminal) we can be more useful and there's
a small chance you will be able to avoid mucking with package manager, but I
would rather your libraries be up to date before helping.

*  http://clickass.org  *  ICQ# 1107012  *  AIM/Yahoo: theGREENzebra *
-----GEEK CODE 3.12-----
GCM/CS/IT/MU d? s: a24 C++++ UL++++ P+ L+++>$ E---- W++ N+ o K- w---$ O- M
V-- PS+ PE Y+ PGP- t++(+++) 5- X R tv(+) b+(-) DI+++ D+ G++ e h++ r+(---) y+
UF*++