[pyddr-discuss] A word of thanks and a problem (fwd)

Eric Windisch lists at bwbohh.net
Fri Jun 20 18:16:19 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-06-20 at 18:00, Ryan C. Gordon wrote:
> Please CC the original author if you reply.

> not exactly very good with computers. As for converting my .mp3 to .ogg
> files, i could not do this. When i clicked on mp32ogg, i expected a simple
> drag and drop program or something. But it turned out to be a script or
> something. I dont know what this is or how to use it. What am i doing
> wrong? What could I do to solve this problem? Is there something else I can
> do?

You should use the program from the Terminal. You can launch the
terminal from Applications:Utilities:Terminal in MacOS X.

A lot of MacOS X users have been interested in this program lately and
all are having problems with using MP3 and/or OGG files with it. I'm
thinking that perhaps there should be a graphical utility for converting
the files and placing them into the proper directories. I know this
would seem to many as extreme 'hand-holding', but (no offense) most Mac
users need that kind of hand-holding.

--
Eric Windisch <lists at bwbohh.net>