[pyddr-discuss] A word of thanks and a problem (fwd)

Joe Wreschnig piman at debian.org
Sun Jun 22 18:40:37 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-06-20 at 17:16, Eric Windisch wrote:
> A lot of MacOS X users have been interested in this program lately and
> all are having problems with using MP3 and/or OGG files with it. I'm
> thinking that perhaps there should be a graphical utility for converting
> the files and placing them into the proper directories. I know this
> would seem to many as extreme 'hand-holding', but (no offense) most Mac
> users need that kind of hand-holding.

While I don't think any of the developers are opposed to this kind of
hald holding, the larger problem is that neither Brendan nor I - the two
guys that write 99% of pyDDR code - have a Mac OS X system. I've never
even used one, let alone run or coded pyDDR on one (I still have a hard
time thinking of it as anything but a Debian program). So, if someone
wants to step up to code such a program, great, but until then there's
not much that can be done.
--
Joe Wreschnig <piman at debian.org>