[physfs] Mac OS X usage … probably missing something obvious

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at icculus.org
Mon Mar 21 16:37:12 EDT 2011

> I thought perhaps that OS X's supplied version of Zlib was not supported, so I added the Zlib123 code to the project which is supplied with PhysFS. Same result.
>
> What step am I missing here, folks. I'm extremely confused.

If you built PhysicsFS yourself (just dropped the C files into your
project), then you'll need to add some preprocessor macros. If all you
want is .zip support, make sure the files are compiled with
PHYSFS_SUPPORT_ZIP defined to 1 (there is also PHYSFS_SUPPORT_WAD, etc,
for other archive types).

You can use the system-provided zlib on Mac OS X instead of our zlib123
directory, as it's reliably installed on every system.