[physfs] Mac OS X usage … probably missing something obvious

Josh de Lioncourt overlord at lioncourt.com
Wed Mar 16 14:04:41 EDT 2011

Hi all,

So…I don't know if I'm missing something obvious or what…but I've been beating my brains to get PhysFS working as it seems it should, and it just isn't happening.

Using Xcode on Mac OS X 10.6.6

I can compile and run the test app with the PhysFS library just fine. I've linked Carbon.Framework, IOKit.Framework, and libz.dylib for Zlib support.

When the test app launches, everything seems good, but I'm told that no archive types are "apparently" supported. :-O

I thought perhaps that OS X's supplied version of Zlib was not supported, so I added the Zlib123 code to the project which is supplied with PhysFS. Same result.

What step am I missing here, folks. I'm extremely confused.

Thank ya kindly.

	Josh

P.S. FWIW, I'm a great deal more accustomed to working with C++ than C, just FYI.