[physfs] 7z Archiver updated / LZMA SDK 4.57

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at icculus.org
Wed Jan 23 00:09:04 EST 2008

>> current lzma directory with the official 4.57 sdk sources?
> - Replace physfs/lzma/ with lzma457/C/
> - Move docs from lzma457/ to physfs/lzma/doc/
> - Move lzma457/lzma.txt to physfs/lzma/LZMA-LICENSE.txt, add your header and
> rip off the non-license part.

I ended up changing this a little...the sdk is now in subversion as it
existed in the original distribution, including pieces we don't use, and
  nothing was moved around or changed...my reading of their license is
that the sdk can be statically linked to closed-source software, as long
as the source distribution remains unmodified, otherwise it has to abide
by the LGPL's linking requirements. I've even moved my licensing
comments out of lzma.txt and into trunk/LICENSE.txt.

Since it's feasible for someone to use PhysicsFS in a close source
application, it's for the best that we don't impose the additional LGPL
restrictions by default by moving things around.

(Yeah, yeah, I know, the intent of the license suggests they wouldn't
care, but having spent the last few months fighting with lawyers about
UnrealEngine3 middleware, you learn to ignore intent and only deal with
the specific wording of licenses...)

At any rate, it should hopefully make upgrading to newer SDKs easier in
the future anyhow.

I've updated CMakeLists.txt and lzma.c to reflect the original SDK file
layout. It builds here, but I haven't tested it; let me know if I broke
something.

This is in svn revision #926.