[physfs] 2.0 wishlist...

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Tue Sep 21 13:48:28 EDT 2004

>> What is the "standard distro" of zlib under Windows?
>

> Not sure what your point is.
>  From http://www.gzip.org/zlib/ which where presumable where it
> originally came from for insertion into the physfs "standard distro". If
> your looking for compiled dlls then here: http://www.winimage.com/zLibDll/

We're talking about two different things here. Brian and I are referring
to a version of zlib that ships with Windows which apps can link
against, you're talking about using one zlib.dll for all the parts of
your app instead of the statically linked one in physfs.

I don't know a clean way to do this with Visual Studio (but I'm not very
good with VS...), but if there's a convenient way to remove Z_PREFIX,
not build zlib, and link against another, then I'm cool with it.

You might have to mangle the project files yourself to get the desired
effect.