[physfs] 2.0 wishlist...

Brian Hook hook_l at pyrogon.com
Tue Sep 21 12:53:56 EDT 2004

>> What is the "standard distro" of zlib under Windows?
>>
> Not sure what your point is.

Maybe I misunderstood what you were saying.  It seemed like you were
asking that physfs not include the zlib distro because there was a
"standard" zlib distro.  On Unix and OS X this is true, there's
usually a zlib.a or zlib.so floating around you can automatically use.

On Windows this is not the case, so Ryan can't rely on someone else
having the distro, especially if he wants a blessed version.  As he
said, on non-Windows systems I believe it defaults to using the
installed zlib, so the Windows build comes with zlib (although you can
remove it if you're already using zlib).

Anyway, my point was simply that there wasn't a standard zlib
installation that Ryan can expect a physfs user to have, at least on
Windows.

Brian