[physfs] Packaging programs using PhysFS + ...

Edward Rudd eddie at omegaware.com
Thu May 15 18:18:47 EDT 2003

LGPL allows dynamic linked.. ie. Shared Libraries.. Not statically
linked in..
Loki was able to statically link in libraries into their games only
because they statically linked in libraries they owned/write that were
LGPL'd (ie openal)  which is actually very annoying as I can't replace
the openal library in certain games (fakk2).. But that's another issue..

The way most games do it on linux w/ distributing libraries is via
LD_LIBRARY_PATH and LD_PRELOAD. for example.. the latest NWN includes
precompiled SDL libraries they use..
--
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./lib:./miles:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
./nwmain &@

This is actually how most games I know that include their own pre
compiled shared libs do so..
either that or they use dlopen/dlsyms.

--
Edward Rudd <eddie at omegaware.com>