[physfs] 1.0.0-rc1

Adam D. Moss adam at gimp.org
Mon Dec 29 10:15:16 EST 2003

Gaetan de Menten wrote:
> And finally, I'm not sure I'm happy to see more archivers added to the
> codebase and enabled by default. Wouldn't it be reasonable to disable
> all archivers by default except zip? I might be wrong but I guess that
> except zip, other archivers are only used in very few projects, thus
> enabling them by default "uselessly" increase the size of the library.

I can see the point of enabling everything by default if app authors
are going to rely on physfs being pre-installed on a user's system.
Realistically I don't know if that's ever going to be something that
app authors can rely on though, but whether or not physfs is on
the system app authors can always distribute packages that
include a physfs lib stripped-down for the app's specific
requirements (or indeed statically-linked).

--Adam (who also manually --disables everything except zip)
--
Adam D. Moss   . ,,^^   adam at gimp.org   http://www.foxbox.org/   co:3