[physfs] 1.0.0-rc1

Gaetan de Menten ged at bugfactory.org
Mon Dec 29 10:06:50 EST 2003

I'll risk some comments even though the 2 first only apply to the CVS
version and not this RC1:

Here, with my debian unstable system, the bootstrap script throws some
warnings:

ged at plouf:~/cvs/physfs/ > ./bootstrap
Initial preparation...this can take awhile, so sit tight...
autoheader2.50: WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h',
`config.h.bot'
autoheader2.50: WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for
`config.h.in'
autoheader2.50: WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.
autoheader2.50:
autoheader2.50: WARNING: Using the third argument of `AC_DEFINE' and
autoheader2.50: WARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows to define a
template without
autoheader2.50: WARNING: `acconfig.h':
autoheader2.50:
autoheader2.50: WARNING:   AC_DEFINE([NEED_FUNC_MAIN], 1,
autoheader2.50:                 [Define if a function `main' is
needed.])
autoheader2.50:
autoheader2.50: WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be
produced, see the
autoheader2.50: WARNING: documentation.
You are now ready to run ./configure ...

Versions used are:
automake1.4               1.4-p6-8
autoconf                  2.58-12

---

As a second point, the debian package build files are quite outdated...

And finally, I'm not sure I'm happy to see more archivers added to the
codebase and enabled by default. Wouldn't it be reasonable to disable
all archivers by default except zip? I might be wrong but I guess that
except zip, other archivers are only used in very few projects, thus
enabling them by default "uselessly" increase the size of the library.

See you,
Gaetan.