[physfs] Re: PhysFS... (fwd)

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Wed May 1 10:02:51 EDT 2002

> Cool! So I have to download 235MB of crappy SDK just because VC6 spits out
>
> win32.c(680) : error C2065: 'INVALID_SET_FILE_POINTER' : undeclared identifier
>
> Are you crazy?

I have to echo Greg's comments; this is Microsoft's poor design, and while
it's quite a download, it's the best solution.

The alternatives are:

- Upgrade to Visual Studio.NET.
- Put #ifdefs around the various things that need the updated SDK.

One costs money and other hassles, the other loses functionality.

The SDK can be ordered on CD if you can't download it.

We should probably determine the version of the Platform SDK and #ifdef
those sections anyhow (and stick a #warning in there), but ultimately,
without those APIs, PhysicsFS is basically crippled on NT-based systems.