[openbox] How can I add an arbitrary String with an associated Script/Command in the Right Click Drop Down Menu List in OpenBox WM? Also, autostart applications every session?

Susmita/Rajib bkpsusmitaa at gmail.com
Mon May 22 04:01:33 EDT 2023

 Mathias Dufresne from mathias.dufresne at gmail.com
Mon May 22 02:45:40 EDT 2023
http://icculus.org/pipermail/openbox/2023-May/009644.html

[   ...   ]...
Firsty, forget about the "Mr.", I have a first name ; )
...[   ...   ]

Dear Mr. Dufresne,
I should better stick to my usage.

[   ...   ]...
I still don't understand what you want to achieve.
...[   ...   ]

It appears that people do get lost in the wilderness of characters and
texts. So you please drop all pre-conceived notions about what I want.
Please focus on what I want. If possible, please read my post dated
Sat May 20 02:55:55 EDT 2023 here:
http://icculus.org/pipermail/openbox/2023-May/009638.html

[   ...   ]...
Openbox menus can be hardcoded or
automagically generated.
...[   ...   ]

>From what I have read, some menu-items of the openbox menu may also be
hand-crafted.

You actually copy-pasted somebody else's post from here:
http://icculus.org/pipermail/openbox/2023-May/009640.html

[   ...   ]...
Le sam. 20 mai 2023 à 14:19, <u34 at net9.ga> a écrit :

> "Susmita/Rajib" <bkpsusmitaa at gmail.com> wrote:
> Where is that action binds to a mouse button? I would first try with a
> constant, meaningles, string. Just to see that part is working. It looks
> to me the simpler part of what you want.
> Basically, I guess that having open box do what you want is more
> complicated
> than what you imagine. You need openbox to read the output of your
> script.
> It could be you should look at openbox pipe capability.
> http://openbox.org/wiki/Help:Menus . I am not familair with that either.
>
> I hope that help. I am more guessing than writing out of knoweldge.
>
> --
> u34
...[   ...   ]

I am inclined to think that you are not serious in helping me. With or
without your help, I will eventually solve the issue. Then post the
Solution. You please better take a back seat.

Bye. Thank you.

Generally, from the practices of the Christian missionary invaders
masquerading as traders in our motherland we learnt to address only
our friends by their first names and strangers by "Mr.". They had
bibles and we had resources. Lots of those. Since we didn't receive
the bible, they killed my people and grabbed our resources. We learnt
their means. We have uprooted them. We are presently uprooting their
agents. Shortly, we shall get back our ancient glory.

We give a damn to Secularitis which we treat as an affliction to grab
others' resources. Colonial governments could be bound by Secularitis,
not individuals.