[openbox] How can I add an arbitrary String with an associated Script/Command in the Right Click Drop Down Menu List in OpenBox WM? Also, autostart applications every session?

Mathias Dufresne mathias.dufresne at gmail.com
Sat May 20 02:55:55 EDT 2023

Hi Rajib,

Not sure I have understood correctly what you have done and what you want
to achieve. So, I'll summarize.

Working: You want to use a separated menu file to be loaded in your main
menu.
Not working: you want to add menu items in that new file/menu.

Is my understanding correct?

Regarding starting applications during session's start, I'm still
autostart.sh script in ~/.config/openbox.

Cheers,

mathias