[openbox] How can I add an arbitrary String with an associated Script/Command in the Right Click Drop Down Menu List in OpenBox WM? Also, autostart applications every session?

Susmita/Rajib bkpsusmitaa at gmail.com
Sat May 20 05:01:22 EDT 2023

Mathias Dufresne from mathias.dufresne at gmail.com
Sat May 20 02:55:55 EDT 2023
http://icculus.org/pipermail/openbox/2023-May/009638.html

[   ...   ]
I'll summarize.

Working: You want to use a separated menu file to be loaded in your main
menu.
Not working: you want to add menu items in that new file/menu.

Is my understanding correct?
[   ...   ]

Dear Mr. Dufresne, thank you for replying to my email.

No, my bad. I am sorry that you couldn't because I dropped a couple of
words here and there.

The target is "Right Click Drop Down Menu List" and objective is to
enter a "a link to a customised script/command kept in a directory
elsewhere to be displayed as a menu-item within the Right Click Drop
Down Menu List that could be clicked for the linked script/command to
be executed".

I placed an identical copy of  a MyScript.desktop file, linking a
script file, in both ~/Desktop and in ~/.local/share/applications.

OB tint2 panel set-up has drawn info from the MyScript.desktop file to
be displayed on the "Application Available" right Launcher selectable
window, based on data in Launcher maintained as "launcher_item_app =
~/.local/share/applications/MyScript.desktop", in the file
~/.config/tint2/tint2rc.

But my present objective is to have the script link added as a
menu/sub-menu within the Right click Drop-down menu-list as a list
item.

I hope that I have been able to explain my requirement better this
time, Mr. Dufresne. In case I failed, please let me know, Mr.
Dufresne. I will try even harder to explain.

Best wishes,
Rajib