Recursive filesystem browsing pipe menu, revisited.

Kacper Wysocki kacperw at online.no
Mon May 30 03:47:35 EDT 2005

Hi all,

a year and twelve days ago Dircha posted a pipe menu perl script that
would recursively browse through folders. For no particular reason, in
a bout of procrastination, I improved this script a little and added
improvements suggested by John Russel.

My changes were:
   - launches files selected through rox
     (if this is properly configured,
     the correct file handler should be launched)
   - properly escapes spaces and ampersands, though
     I'm sure there are other things that should be escaped.
     (and could be done easier with some perl module)
   - hidden directories aren't shown
   - output is a little more human-readable, for debugging
   - symlinks are opened in the rox filer

You can use any old file handler just by changing the $cmd variable.

Usage: add
<menu id="browse" label="Browse" execute="browse ~" />
to your menu.xml

Thoughts?
-Kacper
--
I do not need HTML email, virus warnings or unsolicited forwards.
Please do not Cc: me when responding. I read the list.