"failed to grab keycode .." ob+rox

Kacper Wysocki kacperw at online.no
Fri May 27 22:41:42 EDT 2005

Hello all,

August 22nd, 2004, I posted with the subject "openbox tries to grab
non-assigned keys". I never got a response.
Was I asking the wrong question?
Here's a handy link:
http://icculus.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm/ezmlm-cgi?24:mss:2837:200408:hcfgldmjgkebhefkklca

I use rox with ob3, and keep getting messages similar to the following
in my session log:

(openbox:22952): Openbox-WARNING **: failed to grab keycode 174
modifiers 0

and in a more recent version:

(openbox:2389): Openbox-WARNING **: failed to grab keycode 23 modifiers
8

which are, if I've read correctly, coming from grab_key() in grab.c,
due to an xerror occurring while grabbing a key.

The messages seem to occur whenever I use one of my rox hotkeys (Alt-T,
Ctrl-D etc), even though these are not assigned to anything openboxish.

How do I stop openbox from doing this?

Regards,
Kacper

PS:
There's been talk of making the mailinglist archive searchable for
years. Any chance this will happen in the (hopefully near) future?
I ask not for me (I have a searchable local copy going back a year),
but for all the other n00bs.

--
I do not need HTML email, virus warnings or unsolicited forwards.
Please do not Cc: me when responding. I read the list.