[obdgpslogger] Starting to code up a script that merges multiple OBD databases

Gary Briggs chunky at icculus.org
Sat Jan 1 14:40:48 EST 2011

On Sat, Jan 01, 2011 at 01:26:15PM -0500, Robert Konigsberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've started a github project for a script that merges multiple
> OBD databases.

Cool. Something I've always wanted :-)

For what it's worth, if I were going to implement this, I'd use this
puppy:
http://www.sqlite.org/lang_attach.html

I'd open a connection to the main database I'm merging stuff into
[creating a fresh copy of a previous database if I'm planning on leaving
the originals intact], then using ATTACH to get the second database into
the same connection.

That way, you get INSERT INTO SELECT FROM for free. [sqlite's "SELECT
INTO" equivalent]. Dunno if that'd actually help if I sat down and
figured the logic all the way through, but it might be useful to you

Gary (-;