[obdgpslogger] Starting to code up a script that merges multiple OBD databases

Robert Konigsberg konigsberg at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 14:45:08 EST 2011

On Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 2:40 PM, Gary Briggs <chunky at icculus.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 01, 2011 at 01:26:15PM -0500, Robert Konigsberg wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've started a github project for a script that merges multiple
> > OBD databases.
>
> Cool. Something I've always wanted :-)

What's that? A database merger tool or obdgps in github? :)

> For what it's worth, if I were going to implement this, I'd use this
> puppy:
> http://www.sqlite.org/lang_attach.html
>
> I'd open a connection to the main database I'm merging stuff into
> [creating a fresh copy of a previous database if I'm planning on leaving
> the originals intact], then using ATTACH to get the second database into
> the same connection.
>
> That way, you get INSERT INTO SELECT FROM for free. [sqlite's "SELECT
> INTO" equivalent]. Dunno if that'd actually help if I sat down and
> figured the logic all the way through, but it might be useful to you

That's certainly useful, but at this point just reading/writing is doing the
trick for me. What I'm doing is suboptimal in a few places, but doesn't
really much matter for my needs -- code it first, optimize it later. :)

Hey qq, is this correct -- every field (other than trip, ecu and time) is a
REAL?

Thanks, Rob

> Gary (-;

Robert Konigsberg