FIFO

benjcarson at digitaljunkies.ca benjcarson at digitaljunkies.ca
Wed Jun 5 18:23:57 EDT 2002

> Benj, any signal feature requests, say 3/4 full or something?
> Right now it has a full and empty signal, synch clear, asynch reset.

1/2 full?  I think we might use that somewhere and perhaps a level signal
(that basically reports the difference between the read & write "pointers").
That one might be slightly tricky to implement generically and to optimize.
Actually, you could just use an up/down counter that is wide enough to
register the depth of the fifo...  What do you think?

Benj