License

Benj Carson benjcarson at digitaljunkies.ca
Sat Apr 27 06:38:58 EDT 2002

Hey Jeff,

I've been reading the oc thread about the LGPL and this link popped up:

http://www.dsl.org/copyleft/dsl.txt

I think this is the license we should use.  The gist of it is basically free except that modifications to the code must
be made under a different name, the original authors must be cited and that the license be redistributed with any copy.
Otherwise it is prefectly legit for a company to use the design/software in a product *without* having to open up the
entire design.  I think this would be good, since people would be more inclined to use our design then, but we could
still get credit for our work...

What do you think?

I agree that PCI is probably pretty important, especially if we can get a third person working on it.  It can be
separated pretty well from what's going on already so it shouldn't matter too much what we end up changing while we fix
the rest of the design.

Benj