[lokisetup] Man page support in CVS

Chunky Kibbles chunky at icculus.org
Thu Feb 19 17:19:53 EST 2004

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 10:04:50PM +0100, Ludwig Nussel wrote:
> Stephane Peter wrote:
> > I just added preliminary basic support to install man pages with Setup.
> > This is done by using a new <manpage> tag, as documented in the
> > README.xml file in CVS.
> >
> > The man pages have to be structured in a way similar to what we do for
> > binaries. They will be copied in the installation directory and
> > symlinked to in a global man directory of the user's choice.
> >
> > Feedback / suggestions / bug reports, feel free to contact me :)
>
> I'd add a checkbox above the manpage combobox (like the one for the
> binary symlink) and grey it out by default if none of $MANPATH is
> writeable.

Not necessarily. It's possible [in fact, I can definietyly imagine
this one happening] that root has a different manpath to mortal users,
and you're installing as root...

> The default manpage directory on Linux is /usr/share/man, not
> /usr/man.

Actually, As far as I can see, /usr/local/man is the first entry in
all my linux installs, and I always prepend $HOME/man by default.

Gary (-;