New setup feature

Stéphane Peter megastep at megastep.org
Thu Feb 27 01:20:22 EST 2003

I just did a sync of my tree with i.o (hopefully for the last time!),
that includes a new feature :

Stephane Peter (Codehost) - Tue Feb 11 20:33:32 PST 2003
 * Added the 'environment' tag to store the values of
   environment variables.

This is used if you want to allow users to override some settings or
enable some features that have to be done from within the installer
scripts. While you could do this before, this feature lets setup
automatically save the value of these variables in the product XML file
so that they will be restored for all scripts being called by the Setup
tools (including the installer), to preserve consistency.

--
Stephane Peter
Sr. Software Engineer