[lokisetup] makeself for OSX?

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Tue Feb 25 15:42:39 EST 2003

> Yeah .. we are investigating this for the GtkRadiant setups on OSX. I
> can't say we have found anything really solid yet.

Go get the Safari public beta from Apple.com's front page. It downloads a
disk image, which when clicked, will checksum, mount, show a EULA, copy
the application bundle to the desktop, unmount and delete the original
disk image just by double clicking the downloaded file...or just by
downloading it, depending on what you use for a browser.

Disk images are made with the "disk copy" in the Applications/Utilities
folder. How you make them do all the stuff I just described is beyond me,
though (Google it?). Probably some sort of autorun thing on the mounted
disk image running an installer program of some sort.

For downloadable installs for OSX, this probably makes more sense, unless
you need some feature of loki_setup itself. Beyond the current patch
scheme in loki_update, I don't know whether makeself is _ever_ a good idea
on OSX, though.

--ryan.