[jugglemaster] Moving JuggleMaster to github and new jmlib version

Gary Briggs chunky at icculus.org
Thu May 12 12:30:19 EDT 2011

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 11:36:05PM +0900, Per Johan Groland wrote:
> >
> > BTW I cant compile jmdlx because unicode support on Wx
> >
> > I am compiling with gcc in debian gnu/linux, this kind of error:
> > conversion from `const char[12]' to `const wxString' is ambiguous
> >
> > Check Here:
> > http://wiki.wxwidgets.org/WxString
> I don't have wxwidgets set up at the moment, but I am pretty sure it
> compiled fine before, probably with an older wxwidgets. Is there perhaps an
> option that can be set in the makefile for non-unicode mode?
> If not, it should not be that much work to convert all the internal strings
> in jmdlx to Unicode. For the jmlib calls that expect a char*, it will
> be necessary to convert using one of the methods in the link you sent.
> Converting to UTF-8 seems the simplest, and I think that it will work
> correctly with jmlib (if not, let me know).

I started the conversion a long time ago, but at the time I didn't
really comprehend what I was doing; everything went to hell, and I never
committed it.

It'll build find with wx2.4, but that's obviously a bit out of date
right now. Since you're on debian, though, there's wx2.4 packages
available that you can use.

Gary (-;

More information about the jugglemaster mailing list