[Gtkradiant] ZeroRadiant Linux and OSX build system

Timothee Besset ttimo at idsoftware.com
Sat Nov 3 15:43:44 CDT 2007

Forest `LordHavoc` Hale wrote:
> Timothee Besset wrote:
>> The basics of the new build system for ZeroRadiant on Linux and OSX are
>> done. I've dropped a little status update on the website:
>> http://www.qeradiant.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/wiki/ZeroRadiant
> Cool.
>> I need to setup a few things to synchronize better between our internal
>> ZeroRadiant source and the SVN.
> Would git prove useful in synchronizing those sources?  Just curious.

No.. our internal source repository is alienbrain. I already wrote some
code to do the sync with an SVN for other projects though [1], so I just
plan on re-using that.

> (I've never used git and don't know a whole lot about it, except that it does support svn repositories, and that it is designed to keep several repositories in sync, with independent commits)
>> Another good thing to get done now may
>> be to start looking at some easy scripts to install/configure the
>> editor. Ideally I want to distribute a static tree and use some scripts
>> to do configuration.
>> TTimo
> I've been wanting a static tree for a long time, it's just logical :)

Mostly to unify the configuration work in a single tool. I won't feel
too bad about doing that in python / text mode or requiring python to be
installed, then we can do Windows installers / Linux packages and fink
packages without too much hassle.

> It's kind of ironic that even the game pack for the GPL game Nexuiz (which consists only of a couple files to tell Radiant about the Nexuiz data - the actual editor data pack is preinstalled in
> Nexuiz) is not included in Radiant by default.
> I understand the other packs were for licensing reasons.
> Hmm, on that note, I wonder if the quake1 map sources should be added to the Q1Pack at some point.

I really only plan to focus on Q3 and maybe mods. Other games should be
done by other people really :)

[1] https://gna.org/projects/nxnanny/