[Gtkradiant] ZeroRadiant Linux and OSX build system

Forest `LordHavoc` Hale lordhavoc at ghdigital.com
Sat Nov 3 14:58:20 CDT 2007

Timothee Besset wrote:
> The basics of the new build system for ZeroRadiant on Linux and OSX are
> done. I've dropped a little status update on the website:
> http://www.qeradiant.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/wiki/ZeroRadiant

> I need to setup a few things to synchronize better between our internal
> ZeroRadiant source and the SVN.

Would git prove useful in synchronizing those sources?  Just curious.

(I've never used git and don't know a whole lot about it, except that it does support svn repositories, and that it is designed to keep several repositories in sync, with independent commits)

> Another good thing to get done now may
> be to start looking at some easy scripts to install/configure the
> editor. Ideally I want to distribute a static tree and use some scripts
> to do configuration.
> TTimo

I've been wanting a static tree for a long time, it's just logical :)

It's kind of ironic that even the game pack for the GPL game Nexuiz (which consists only of a couple files to tell Radiant about the Nexuiz data - the actual editor data pack is preinstalled in
Nexuiz) is not included in Radiant by default.

I understand the other packs were for licensing reasons.

Hmm, on that note, I wonder if the quake1 map sources should be added to the Q1Pack at some point.

Author of DarkPlaces Quake1 engine and mod
"War does not prove who is right, it proves who is left." - Unknown
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a rigged demo." - James Klass