[Gtkradiant] ZeroRadiant Linux and OSX build system

Forest `LordHavoc` Hale lordhavoc at ghdigital.com
Sat Nov 3 14:58:20 CDT 2007

Timothee Besset wrote:
> The basics of the new build system for ZeroRadiant on Linux and OSX are
> done. I've dropped a little status update on the website:
>
> http://www.qeradiant.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/wiki/ZeroRadiant

Cool.

> I need to setup a few things to synchronize better between our internal
> ZeroRadiant source and the SVN.

Would git prove useful in synchronizing those sources?  Just curious.

(I've never used git and don't know a whole lot about it, except that it does support svn repositories, and that it is designed to keep several repositories in sync, with independent commits)

> Another good thing to get done now may
> be to start looking at some easy scripts to install/configure the
> editor. Ideally I want to distribute a static tree and use some scripts
> to do configuration.
>
> TTimo

I've been wanting a static tree for a long time, it's just logical :)

It's kind of ironic that even the game pack for the GPL game Nexuiz (which consists only of a couple files to tell Radiant about the Nexuiz data - the actual editor data pack is preinstalled in
Nexuiz) is not included in Radiant by default.

I understand the other packs were for licensing reasons.

Hmm, on that note, I wonder if the quake1 map sources should be added to the Q1Pack at some point.

--
LordHavoc
Author of DarkPlaces Quake1 engine and mod