As long as we're on game issues...

John H hilleh at email.com
Sun Mar 9 17:44:18 EST 2003

First of all, I want to give a thanks for the speed patch. I haven't noticed any problems here yet. Anyway, I just wanted to know if anyone else has had an issue that I am having with sound. I run the good old Soundblaster 16 PCI (kernel module es1371), and randomly during the game all sounds will be blocked out by a very loud and very ear damaging....electronic squeal/hiss, I guess you'd call it. It goes on and off completely randomly, but I have noticed that it kicks in more often as my detail level is higher. Any ideas as to what this could be and how I can fix it?

Hilleh
Webmaster/Busboy
Penguinweekly.com
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup