primary weapons damage question

tigital tigital at mac.com
Mon Dec 30 16:03:27 EST 2002

hiya,

...since getting the model loading code to work on OS X, I've been
able to complete the first training mission!  There were a few
glitches, but some of them I blame on byte swapping
chunksize/chunklength in modelinterp:  I'll be able to move this to
modelread soon...however there was one weird glitch that I need to
address:  firing at the drones with my primary weapons (lasers)
doesn't do any damage?  I can see them fire and apparently strike,
but they just didn't do any damage...so I just used the secondary
weapons (missiles), which worked fine ;-)

Anyone know a possible reason for this lack of damage, or where to
start looking?

Oh, and another thing:  the demo program hangs when quitting, after
the two splash screens are shown...which brings me to a general
question:  does linux allow you to "free()" pointers that aren't
created via malloc()?  I've had to #ifndef __APPLE__ these because
they caused mallocdebug to crash...

tanx,
jamie