[devastation] 381 update

Se\/ severed at mindspring.com
Wed May 7 20:18:50 EDT 2003

Ryan C. Gordon wrote:

>>In the README it says to update to 381, I only see 380 available at
>>www.devastationfiles.com  I tried using i6comp to extract the files,
>>which it seems to have done succesfully, and then extract the linux
>>binary into /System. I cant get the 67M D/L right away so I tried it
>>anyhows. It segfaults. I'll get the 380 retail patch tommorrow and try
>>to get it installed... Anyone know if the game will play single player
>>without that update??? or am I SOL until then.
>>

>You'll definitely need 380 because there're UnrealScript changes
>between that and retail (which was version 360).
>
>It's not shocking if something earlier crashes, since the C++ equivalent
>of various data structures defined in uscript will be different, causing
>crashes and/or VERY strange behaviour.
>
>--ryan.

Thanks Ryan for the info and the reply regarding Ravage's installer. I
am outta luck until then :) Though I dont have Devastation working yet,
it was fun trying to get it there and got to learn a little about
cabextract and icomp6!!! offtopic: I am still having fun beta testing
AA, though I cant seem to get past the POW map!!! :) Funny thing is, my
work email is the one listed on the mailing list for the beta test and I
have to forward them home so I don't get in trouble with the Navy :) Hah!

Brian/JollyRogers