[devastation] 381 update

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Wed May 7 03:06:08 EDT 2003

> In the README it says to update to 381, I only see 380 available at
> www.devastationfiles.com  I tried using i6comp to extract the files,
> which it seems to have done succesfully, and then extract the linux
> binary into /System. I cant get the 67M D/L right away so I tried it
> anyhows. It segfaults. I'll get the 380 retail patch tommorrow and try
> to get it installed... Anyone know if the game will play single player
> without that update??? or am I SOL until then.

You'll definitely need 380 because there're UnrealScript changes
between that and retail (which was version 360).

It's not shocking if something earlier crashes, since the C++ equivalent
of various data structures defined in uscript will be different, causing
crashes and/or VERY strange behaviour.

--ryan.