[cod] PunkBuster ?

Escaped Turkey escapedturkey at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 17:52:48 EDT 2018

Good point.

It'd probably require a new registration system.

When a player enters, an Admin Bot will request every so many seconds:
"Please login or register." and provide instructions on how to do so, with
appropriate help screens.

Password masked in case of mistyped commands and with help functions such
as forgot the password, validation, admin contact info, etc.

The process would be something like: Player joins the server. Admin Bot
gives a repeating a message to register or login. The player logs in via
e-mail address and password. If the person fails to login/register within
so much time, he/she is warned to do so in so many seconds or minutes, and
then kicked out if he/she fails. If he/she does it several times, the
player is auto IP/GUID banned with a message saying how to appeal the ban -
where the administrator can provide optional contact information (e-mail
address, forum link, etc.)

There also might be a way to force the person into a muted spectator mode
if he/she doesn't login or register instead of kicking the person.

I suppose an admin bot modification system like this could be applied to
all the older Quake 3 engine games to bring them up to date for better
administration - including open-source variations.

Anyhow. It's a pity see these old Q3 engine games fade into the past. Such
a great game engine and so many fun memories. *sniff*